fashion forward.. men?
A Dedication

Friday, April 14, 2006

To my friend, basketball...

Hey pal! This is going to be a new relationship for the both of us. I feel that I have to write this to express my feelings for you.

You are just a piece of leather and thread bloated with 9 pounds of air. I took you as a soulmate, my best friend, my love. I literally spoke to you. Fell into tears before you. We could not be seperated. There was this strong bond between the two of us. Thirteen years of such obsession with you.

Let's share some memories shall we?

Remember the time I wanted to quit school and spend the rest of my life with you? Imagine if I would have done that. Lol! My parents would have already disowned me. Silly decision I would have made. And that one time I trained so hard because I wanted to dunk? I would get so demoralized when I couldn't reach the rim or when I sprain my ankle. I cried and cried. Haha. Silly eh? And those many times I would break a girl's heart because I loved you more? HAHA! That was the silliest. Oh well, they were lousy girls anyway. I'm glad you were there. LOL! Remember the times I lost in tournaments? Wow, I was depressed. Don't wanna talk about that. Sucky experience. Haha!

Yeap, and there's more! haha!

Those were the moments. Did you realize one thing? I was actually exchanging feelings with you! And you're a non-living thing. Stupid me. But it's not like I expected a response from you...

I wanna thank you for some stuff.

Thank you for being there when my days were gloomy. I had no one to turn to but you. When I felt depressed or sad, I would simply go shoot some ball and I feel better instantly.

Thank you for being such a great companion. My days were lonely before I met my special someone. You were there to kill time for me and keep the smile on my face.

Thank you for teaching me discipline and patience. All that training made me a humble person and enabled me to take all sorts of physical torture. I'm a stronger person in both body and soul. All thanks to you.

Basketball, I know that we've got so much memories, be it sweet or unpleasant, together. But I feel it's time I grew up. You're no longer an obsession to me. You're no longer my top priority. You're just a hobby and passion to me now. I'm not going to regret my change in mindset. I believe it will be benefial to me. Please understand.

I'm still going to make it a point to train hard and play hard. I'm still going to try my best to win.

Basketball, thank you for the memories. You're still part of me no matter what.


Sincerely,
Gerald Tan.


PS: I'm still gonna play ball till I die. No way I'm giving you up totally.

RUNWAY scheduled at 1:01 AM


Gerald
15 March
Nanyang Polytechnic
Sport & Wellness Management




Mazda MX-5



January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
March 2008


D&G
YSL
FCUK
Fred Perry
Zara


speak up.



Designer
NutingDzines
Blogger
Blogskins
DeviantArt
Photobucket
Photoshop CS






AmazingCounters
Insert a web-counter